Saturday 1 June 2013

the downside


There is none.

I'm serious.

Becoming vegan has been one of the best choices I have ever made. I do not feel limited in my choices, but instead like I have even more than before. I can look in the eye of ever living creature and instead of looking away out of guilt I can now face the truth and eventually take action.
It feels like I grow braver eyer day.
Through veganism I evolved.
Without the constant denial that had chained me before I now experience vulnerability in a hole new way. This may not sound as positive as it is meant... What I'm saying is: Through closing the door to the oppression and slaughter of animals, not one, but various new doors have opened up. While the quality of my life has increased through facing the truth and for the first time actually living according to my morals, the quality of my relationships to both humans and animals has also increased. I have become more sensible to the needs of all the other creatures around me, human or non-human animals alike, resulting in the fact that there has never been anything I felt so passionate and also compassionate about. It feels like the colors are brighter, my mind expanded, the way I love and the way I suffer when taking pity on others is far more intense.

In my opinion, there is no downside to veganism.
Because vegan is spelled L-O-V-E.


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! You really get our message across!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Josh! I'm working on it ;)

    ReplyDelete